- / What is Live Resin?
- /How is Live Resin Made?
- /What does Live Resin look like?
- /How can you use Live Resin?
- /Where did Live Resin originate?
- /How should Live Resin be stored?
- / What is the shelf life of Live Resin
- / What is Live Resin fresh frozen?
- / What is the best way to dab Live Resin?
- /Is Live Resin stronger than dabs?
- /Does Live Resin make you high?
- /Is Resin better than Rosin?
// WHAT IS LIVE RESIN?
Live Resin is a concentrated form of cannabis. The “Live” means that fresh frozen was used as the starting material. Our extracts are always “Live” and we always start with fresh frozen because it produces the best end product. Fire in // Fire out.
// HOW IS LIVE RESIN MADE?
Live Resin is made by running a solvent through fresh frozen flower at extremely low temperatures.. The solvent dissolves the membranes around the trichomes which contain the THC and terpenes. Once the THC and terpenes are released, they are precipitated out from the rest of the plant material. The concentrate then goes through decarboxylation and curing processes before it is packaged.
// WHAT DOES LIVE
RESIN LOOK LIKE?
Live Resin can vary from a golden saucy consistency to more of a golden sugar.
// HOW CAN YOU USE LIVE RESIN?
One of the best parts of Live Resin is its versatility. The most common way to smoke Live Resin is by dabbing it in a rig, like this one but it’s not the only way. Vaping is by far the most convenient way to smoke Live Resin and our sauce pen carts are great for a dab-on-the-go (link to cart product page). You can also add Live Resin to pre-rolls or even add it to food and eat it.
// WHERE DID LIVE
Live Resin came about before legalization. If you know, you know.
// HOW SHOULD LIVE RESIN BE STORED?
Live Resin can be stored at room temp, but terpenes will degrade over time. This can be mitigated by storing it in the fridge but allow refrigerated dabs to come to room temp prior to opening jars to avoid condensation in your Live Resin (sizzle dabs). Avoid the freezer.
// WHAT IS THE SHELF
LIFE OF MY LIVE RESIN?
To ensure the best and tastiest dab, consume your Live Resin within 1 year of the manufacture date. You can find the manufacture date on the batch label. If stored cold, your extracts can stay prime for up to two years.
// WHAT IS fresh frozen?
Fresh frozen is the term for flower that is vacuum sealed and immediately put in cold storage upon harvest. By sealing and freezing the flower immediately after harvest,, the terpenes are better preserved. The more terpenes in the starting material, the more terpenes in the end product. The more terpenes in the end product means a tastier and more robust high. Entourage effect FTW.
// WHAT IS THE THE BEST
WAY TO DAB LIVE RESIN?
- Using a quartz nail with a water filtered dab rig, or using a Puffco Peak (or similar device)
- Temp Setting – The low setting on a Peak is 450*F. This is our preferred setting but we recommend slightly higher temps (500-525*F) when using a quartz nail. To really dial in your preference with quartz (or ceramic), use a Dab Rite or TempTech infrared thermometer.
- You will need to use higher temps for larger dabs, but always start low and work your way up to your sweet spot.
// Is live resin
stronger than dabs?
They’re one in the same. Live Resin is one of the many extracts or concentrates you can dab.
// Does Live Resin make you high?
Yes. Any cannabis product with THC will make you high.
// Is RESIN BETTER THAN ROSIN?
Depends on who you ask. It’s a matter of personal choice and better is subjective.