// WHAT IS A CARTRIDGE?
A cartridge is a piece of hardware that is designed to vaporize cannabis concentrate. Cartridges need a corresponding battery to provide power to the heating mechanism inside the cartridges. The most common type of cart is the 510 thread and is what the majority of carts in the dispensary are. Any 510 cart will work with any 51o battery but some batteries are designed specifically for sauce. Since sauce smokes the best at lower temps, you’ll want to use a battery that has heat settings.
// What is the best way
to smoke a vape cart?
PRO TIP: PRE HEAT THE CART
When the cart has been unused for a while the oil will have hardened and at this viscosity will not flow freely into the heating element, which will either result in a hit that feels clogged or in worst cases will “burn” the heating element due to it heating without any oil. Once this happens, future hits from this cart will always taste burnt. Most 510 batteries that have a button should have a preheat function (usually double tapping the button activates the preheat cycle), which gently warms the heating element for 5-10 seconds, loosening the oil and allowing it to fill the cart before attempting your first hit.
PRO TIP: SMOKE AT LOW TEMPS
Higher temps will give you bigger, more potent hits but lower temperatures mean a more flavorful high. Higher temps can cause harsh hits and can burn off the terpenes. We recommend a temperature of 280-350*F but every battery setting is slightly different. The best advice is to always start at the lowest setting and increase voltage/heat until you receive the desired combination of hit size/flavor/effect.
PRO TIP: TAKE BREAKS IN BETWEEN HITS
Don’t hit the cart repeatedly. Hit it no more than once every minute. This allows the oil to fill the heating element prior to the next hit.
// HOW ARE THEY MADE?
We fill our carts will 100% live resin. End of story. No fillers. No refinement. No additives.
// WHAT IS THE BEST WAY
TO STORE A CARTRIDGE?
- Always store upright, especially in warm areas.
- Never leave in a hot car, temperatures of 120 degrees F+ will lower the viscosity of the oil and can lead to leaking and cart failure at extreme temps.
- Always turn off your battery before putting your pen in your pocket or purse. If you leave the battery on, you could end up pocket-pushing your button repeatedly which can cause leaking.
- Store at room temperature whenever possible. If your cart gets cold, just let it get to room temp before you try using it.
// HOW TO USE
- Get a battery that is designed for the type of concentrate in your cart. Sauce carts like ours should be used with batteries that have heat settings and a pre-heat function.
- Pre-heat the battery and let the oil get warm. You’ll hear and feel the heating element get warm as you pre-heat it.
- Take a pull on the cartridge and enjoy. Wait a minute before your next hit to allow the oil to refill in the heating element.
// Why use cannabis
Vape carts are extremely convenient. They are easy to transport and don’t have a strong odor like flower products do. Our sauce pen carts allow you all the benefits of dabbing with all the convenience of vaping.
// Different types of
- Our sauce pen carts are 510 thread, the most common and “universal” type. This means our carts will work with any 510 thread cart on the market.
- There are many other types of carts and pod systems that are proprietary to a brand or group of brands. They come in all kinds of shapes and sizes but beware that your options for changing brands and using the same battery will be very limited. Not all dispensaries carry the same pods/carts so it can be difficult to find pods for your particular battery. This is why we opted for the 510 thread – to make it as easy to enjoy as possible.